The program is science-based and focuses on mental health, honesty and compassion. Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab You have the motivation to get sober, but you can’t step away from responsibilities in order to go to an inpatient treatment program. Outpatient treatment programs could be the ideal option for you—depending, also, on the severity of your substance use challenges. what is drug addiction The Butler Center for Research at the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation investigates these and other questions and publishes its scientific findings in a variety of alcohol and drug addiction research papers and reports. During dialectical behavioral therapy , severe mental illnesses such as obsessive-compulsive disorder are treated in conjunction with a substance use disorder.
- EEG Biofeedback augmented treatment improves abstinence rates of 12-step, faith-based, and medically assisted addiction for cocaine, methamphetamine, alcohol use disorder, and opioid addictions.
- The most popular types of 12-step programs are Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- We offer outpatient medication assisted treatment programs that help you find and maintain long-lasting recovery.
- The ratio of 1 counselor or therapist for every 4 to 5 patients ensures that you receive the individualized approach you need to accomplish your treatment goals.
- When creating a treatment plan for a drug or alcohol addiction, it is not a one size fits all approach.
Our free family support group is designed specifically to provide loved ones with useful information about substance use disorders and recovery. The first 30 days and first year after finishing treatment for substance use disorder are major milestones on the road to recovery. They can be some of the most difficult times along the journey, but our patients are not alone. Community Fairbanks is there every step of the way through recovery management.
Around Community Fairbanks Recovery Center
NIDA continues to support and conduct research to develop and implement safe, effective, and desirable treatment strategies that support individuals’ long-term goals. People who are diagnosed with a mental health disorder and a simultaneous substance use disorder are known as having a dual diagnosis. For example, someone with bipolar disorder who also has an alcohol use disorder would have dual diagnosis. On such occasions, two treatment plans are needed with the mental health disorder requiring treatment first. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health , 45 percent of people with addiction have a co-occurring mental health disorder. When a person comes to Community Fairbanks Recovery Center ready to live a life in recovery, first and foremost you can expect an understanding, professional treatment process.
With 24/7 support, patients can fully immerse in the recovery process with few distractions for the best outcomes. After graduating from one of our therapeutic communities, treatment continues at an Outpatient facility best suited to each patient. Gateway offers a full continuum of care across a wide range of clinical settings, so no matter where a patient is in life or recovery, we have a program that can be personalized for them. Outpatient drug or alcohol rehab allows patients to continue living at home while still being able to receive treatment and support multiple days per week. Acamprosate, disulfiram and topiramate are also used to treat alcohol addiction. Acamprosate has shown effectiveness for patients with severe dependence, helping them to maintain abstinence for several weeks, even months. Disulfiram produces a very unpleasant reaction when drinking alcohol that includes flushing, nausea and palpitations.
SUPPORTING YOUR JOURNEY TO RECOVERY
At Community Fairbanks Recovery Center, we continue to support patients and keep them connected to the community by hosting activities and events. We believe family support plays a significant role in recovery. That’s why families are welcome at Community Fairbanks Recovery Center and receive support of their own to better help their loved one. The new Family Support Center at Community Fairbanks Recovery Center helps families and friends get answers to the many questions they may have when learning about – and trying to understand – substance-abuse disorders. Our comprehensive, trauma-informed, scientific approach administered by licensed, credentialed caregivers offers support every step of the way.
- Community Fairbanks has provided substance use disorder treatment and recovery services for more than 75 years.
- At Bayside Marin, we recognize this and want you to know that it does not have to be that way.
- The Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center directly supports Cleveland Clinic’s mission to provide world-class quality patient care in a setting of education and research.
- Aftercare groups help members continue to develop their relapse prevention and coping skills and strengthen the positive impact of treatment.
- Our recovery approach is focused on mind, body and spirit, because life-long recovery encompasses the whole person.
Effective treatment addresses the multiple needs of the patient rather than treating addiction alone. In addition, medically assisted drug detoxification or alcohol detoxification alone is ineffective as a treatment for addiction. The National Institute on Drug Abuse recommends detoxification followed by both medication and behavioral therapy, followed by relapse prevention. According to NIDA, effective treatment must address medical and mental health services as well as follow-up options, such as community or family-based recovery support systems. Whatever the methodology, patient motivation is an important factor in treatment success.